This recipe is simple and amazingly versatile. This is a great “go-to” recipe for any time of day.
Biscuits & Gravy
Biscuits, Eggs & Bacon
Biscuits & Jam
I can’t emphasize enough, how versatile this recipe is. Simply add garlic salt or cheese to dry mix. For those who camp, these biscuits make perfect “Cowboy Biscuits”.
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1¼ cups heavy cream, enough to make a cohesive dough
- 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir in enough heavy cream to moisten the dough thoroughly [gather the dough together, squeeze it, and have it hang together easily, without dry bits falling off]. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gently pat it into an 8" circle about 1" thick.
- Use juice glass or biscuit cutter to cut rounds.Brush BOTH SIDES of the biscuits with butter and then place them on a baking sheet. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes *this tip improves the biscuits' texture and rise. Preheat the oven to 425°F while the biscuits are in the freezer.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or till they're golden brown. Remove from the oven. If you have any melted butter left over, brush it on the baked biscuits. Serve immediately.