We’ve had CRAZY hot weather here in California and…I have 3 of my 4 kids home! I can’t seem to keep the pantry, fridge or freezer stocked with near enough food. As I was going through all of the above, I pulled out the half-empty boxes, bags and misc. freezer containers. I found I had the makings of the perfect summertime snack! Some graham crackers, frozen mixed berries, pre-sliced frozen bananas, half empty container of honey flavored Greek yogurt and bit of heavy whipping cream. I was ecstatic!
This is snack is not only healthy, but super yummy and EASY! It’s definitely one of my favorites!
- 24 graham cracker squares (makes 12 sandwiches)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cups sliced frozen bananas
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, Honey flavor
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ cup sugar (or honey)
- Line rectangular brownie pan with parchment paper (make sure you go up all four sides). Set aside. Whip heavy whipping cream, adding sugar, until thick and stiff. Set aside. In blender or food mixer, pulse frozen berries, adding ½ cup of the yogurt. Once combined, pour into a medium size mixing bowl. Then return to (clean) blender or food mixer and pulse frozen bananas with the other ½ cup of yogurt. Fold gently pulsed bananas into pulsed berry mixture. Then, gently fold in whipped cream. Pour entire yogurt mixture into brownie pan and freeze until solid (about 3 hours). Meanwhile, break up 24 graham cracker squares to create tops and bottoms for 12 sandwiches. Place them on a cookie sheet or 9x13 dish. Remove frozen berry yogurt from freezer. Invert frozen block onto cutting board (use butter knife to loosen sides if necessary). Use a graham cracker square to measure where to score lines for rows/squares on the frozen yogurt. With a sharp knife, cut out 12 squares. Assemble sandwiches by placing a frozen yogurt square on top of a graham cracker square and then top with another graham cracker square.