I’m so excited to share this recipe!! Yesterday I shared my recipe for decadent chocolate cupcakes with fudgy ganache. I had a little ganache left over that I stuck in the fridge. Coincidentally, it was next to the heavy whipping cream. Naturally, I decided to whip up a quick batch of ice cream for dessert tonight. This delicious concoction was effortless and took about 5 minutes to make. Granted, it takes a little longer to make ganache prior to swirling it into the blended cream. Altogether, it’s a very easy recipe to whip up!
Key techniques to keep in mind when making this recipe:
- Make sure the cream is fresh and CHILLED
- Do NOT overwork the cream. Just a few strokes is all it takes to incorporate the ingredients
- Use quality chocolate for the ganache
- ½ cup chocolate ganache
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ cup walnuts
- ⅛ cup marshmallows, cut up
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- /2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring cream to a simmer in microwave safe bowl (about 2-minutes). Add chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened (about 5-minutes). Stir until smooth. Let cool in fridge for atleast 2 hours.
- Ice cream Recipe
- Blend 1 cup of cream in blender on high for about 30 seconds. Pour into an airtight container. Spoon ganache into the blended cream and mix gently. Gently stir in cubed marshmallows and walnuts. Sprinkle ½ of the raw sugar into the creamy mixture.
- Blend the remaining cup of cream in the blender for about 30 seconds. With a rubber spatula, scoop whipped cream onto the chocolate mixture. DO NOT mix. Sprinkle remaining raw sugar onto the whipped cream layer. NOW gently swirl the white cream into the chocolate cream. Cover air tight container and freeze for atleast 4-6 hours.