I have been making Turtle Brownies Bites for over 20 years. It’s the PERFECT treat for social gatherings because, it packs a punch in small, bite-size portions. Although there are very few ingredients, it’s important to follow the recipe pretty closely. There’s definitely room for creativity! Just stick close to baking time and the assembly process.
- 1 box Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In standing mixer; mix cake mix, butter, nuts and ⅓ cup milk. The batter will be very thick. Press ½ of the batter into a small rectangular baking dish (28cm x 18 cm) to create a bottom crust. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle chocolate chips, pecans and caramel over semi-baked batter. Crumble remaining batter to cover chips, nuts and caramel. Use butter knife to carefully spread crumbled batter to cover. Return to oven and finish baking for 16 minutes. Cool completely before cutting (I usually refridgerate prior to cutting into bites and assembling on a platter.